Beautiful hairstyles adorn a person at any age. People don’t feel pleasure when small scales are located at the roots. With their excessive rise, a person’s clothes acquire an unaesthetic appearance. It becomes covered with grains of white color. According to dermatologists, peeling of the scalp does not worsen human health in general, but it limits social contacts. Let’s figure it out together: what should be the perfect hair care for dandruff and what needs to be done to improve the condition.
Tips for dandruff head care
The main purpose of daily procedures is to influence the work of the sebaceous glands. Specialists recommend applying a particular formula that effectively cleanse the biological material of the formed flakes and prevent their reappearance. The course should be at least 1-2 months.
Effective anti-dandruff shampoos contain one of the following ingredients. Some of them have several ones:
- antifungal ingredient ketoconazole (Xolegel, Nizoral);
- effective against flakes and has an antibacterial effect of zinc pyrithione (DermaZinc, Selsun Blue for Itchy Dry Scalp, Head & Shoulders);
- normalizing the production of sebum salicylic acid (Jason Relief Treatment, Neutrogena T/Sal, Baker P&S );
- selenium sulfide, which slows down the growth of pathological cells (Dandrex, Selsun);
- reducing the rate of cell death is coal tar (Neutrogena T/Gel, Denorex Therapeutic Protection).
It is difficult to choose the right care composition yourself. The active ingredients sometimes become the reason for unpleasant sensations. The biological material turns too dry and itchy. It should also be noted that for someone, the product can be a real salvation. While for another person it is useless. It’s all about the characteristics of the body and allergic reactions.
When choosing cleansers, it is important to strictly follow the instructions. It needs to be left on the problem areas for a while so that they have time to take effect. It is recommended to wash off other shampoos immediately. At the beginning they should be applied daily. You achieve maximum impact faster. After about a month, it is allowed to switch to usage the composition once or twice a week.
For disposing of dermis inflammation, the specialist may prescribe hormone-based lotions or sprays. They should be applied daily to the affected areas. Application time depends on the consultant’s prescriptions.
There are also cases when cleanser fights flakes at first, but after a while it loses its exposure. Biological material adapts to the active ingredients, and they cease to have the proper impact. If you decide to opt for a cleanser that contains coal tar, pay special attention to caution. It copes well with scales, but at the same time it affects the rapid death of cells. What should be considered when treating with it:
- active substances lead to allergies;
- blondes darken slightly after application (it also stains derma, nails, clothes);
- avoid getting the formula on abrasions, cuts and other lesions;
- make sure that the shampoo does not get into your eyes;
- do not take sunbathe for 1-3 days after application: the skin becomes more sensitive to aggressive sunlight;
- expectant mothers and women during lactation should refuse such treatment.
General recommendations for taking of remedy:
- cleanser should be rubbed well on the affected areas;
- in the absence of contraindications, it should not be washed off immediately after application (10-15 minutes are usually enough for effective action);
- rinse off the remaining consistency thoroughly – if this rule is ignored, irritation may occur.
Experiments and observations of dermatologists have shown that the use frequency depends not only on the stage of neglect of the problem, but also on racial characteristics. It is advisable for light-skinned people and Asians to wash their head daily with regular shampoo. As for the remedy, it is enough to apply it twice a week to achieve quick results.
Dark-skinned people should wash problem areas less often. It is enough to use a simple composition for washing once every 7 days and a therapeutic one should be applied three days after that. As soon as you notice that there are fewer amounts of flakes, take products with zinc or salicylic acid once a month.
Lifestyle and home remedies
Practicing specialists note the direct dependence of the appearance of dermatological disease on a person’s lifestyle. By changing bad habits, everyone reduces the risk of developing pathology. What is advised to pay attention to:
- Reduce the impact of stress on your life and learn to control negative emotions. Nervous overexertion has an impact on overall health. Men and women are becoming more susceptible to diseases. Under the influence of stressful factors, the manifestation of seborrhea increases. The symptoms may worsen.
- Proper nutrition helps to improve the condition of a person who wants to be cured. It is advisable to exclude chocolate, sugar, and yeast products from the diet. Salty, excessively spicy, smoked, fried food can also be harmful. Strong tea and coffee should not be consumed. They enhance the production of sebum and influence the fermentation processes in the digestive tract, which creates a favorable environment for the development of fungus.
- Take care of yourself according to a specific schedule. If you have oily skin, make it a habit to wash your head daily. The absence of excess fat will prevent the development of the disease. To get rid of the scales, the head needs to be massaged well after applying shampoo to the roots. Remedy should be washed off well.
- Take a sunbath. The sun’s rays help to improve the condition of the body in this pathology. But given the fact that excessive amounts of ultraviolet radiation have a negative effect on the skin, it is not necessary to stay outdoors in hot weather for too long.
- The use of products with synthetic components for hair care should be limited. They have the property of accumulating on the hair and making it greasier, which creates a favorable environment for the reproduction of the fungus.
By following these simple recommendations, you can improve the condition of the scalp and forget about the manifestations of seborrhea.
It should also be remembered that the number of white scales at the roots increases in conditions of excessive dryness. For example, in winter, the skin lacks nutrients, and the cold air dries it up. As a result, the manifestations of pathology may worsen. Among the common causes are metabolic disorders. Any hormonal disruptions in the body lead to disruption of the sebaceous glands. The reason may be factors such as taking medications, oral contraceptives. The development of seborrhea is observed during declines in the body’s protective functions.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Dandruff Naturally
There are some methods to combat this pathology based on natural ingredients. The cause of severe peeling sometimes is the result of stress. The skin should not be combed. If an irritating itch appears, it is better to wash your head once again with a remedy that is suitable in this particular case.
Tea tree oil
With a pleasant herbaceous aroma, tea tree oil is in a special position among traditional medicine products. It is a component of various shampoos for the syndrome treatment. It is obtained by squeezing tea tree leaves. Since ancient times, this component has been used as a natural antiseptic and antifungal agent. People who are prone to allergic reactions should be careful. Irritation may appear in sensitive areas.
Cosmetic coconut oil is added to dry the prone to greasiness. It should be warmed up a little before applying. It is rubbed into the scalp in a circular motion. Then they are distributed over the entire length of the hair. 3-5 teaspoons are needed. Hold it at least for an hour.
It has antifungal properties. It contains more than 75 biologically active components. Among them are vitamins, beneficial enzymes, minerals, salicylic acid and amino acids. The plant is known for its powerful antioxidant properties. After application, a cooling effect is felt.
Minimize stress levels
Anxiety and anxiety cause an exacerbation of pathology. Under severe stress, cortisol production increases in the body. It is responsible for the production of syndrome glands to produce large amounts of sebum. It is a favorable environment for the development of it.
Apple cider vinegar
Thanks to the unique composition it allows you to normalize the work of the sebaceous glands. The yeast fungus multiplies on the areas, which is prone to greasiness. Vinegar restores the microflora and eliminates excess secretions. In no case should you use apple cider vinegar that is not diluted with water. It should be mixed with water in a ratio of 1:1. You do not need to wash off the vinegar immediately. It needs to be held for 15 minutes.
Three aspirin tablets, which are available in any home medicine cabinet, need to be ground to a powder state. It is added to a small amount of shampoo. When washing, focus on the roots. Do not keep the combination for more than 5 minutes: it brings irritation.
Following a diet with the inclusion of a large amount of protein foods, vegetable oils, fruits and vegetables helps to improve the condition. Regular consumption of omega-3 enhances protective functions. The fatty acids included in the composition increase the body’s resistance against bacteria and various types of fungus. Hairstyle acquires a healthy appearance.
By strengthening the barrier function of the biological material and stimulating regeneration at the cellular level, the probiotic effectively fights flakes. A gastroenterologist helps you to choose the right version of the dietary supplement. Including probiotics in the diet, you improve the situation in different directions. They affect the functioning of the digestive tract.
The effectiveness of soda is its ability to absorb excess fat. Derma becomes drier after coverage, as a result of which the white scales disappear. Soda is applied in its pure form, without mixing the powder with water. The zone is massaged and the mixture is washed off.
Avoid certain foods
According to the research and observations of dermatologists, some foods contribute to the appearance of syndrome. Bad habits, lack of regular meals have a negative influence not only on the stomach, but also on the derma.
In order for the treatment goes at an accelerated pace, exclude from the diet:
- smoked meat and sausages;
- fatty meals;
- fast food;
- pickled vegetables;
- too spicy dishes;
- pasta, pastries, desserts containing simple carbohydrates;
- reduce the consumption of chocolate (if you want, leave only bitter one);
- carbonated drinks;
- citrus fruits and strawberries;
Following this simple diet is the best prevention of unaesthetic white flakes that form at the roots. Even if they appear and bring a lot of inconvenience, change your lifestyle, and very soon you feel improvements.
Frequently asked questions
Below you find answers to common questions related to seborrhea.
How can I get rid of dandruff fast?
According to dermatologists, unfortunately, it is not possible to completely remove exfoliating scales of different sizes formed at the roots. However, it is in your power to stop the development of pathology. For it you should choose the right detergent with a therapeutic effect. At the initial stage of treatment, it should be applied daily or every two days. It is also advisable to reconsider your views on your usual lifestyle. This is not only nutrition, but also the absence of bad habits, minimizing stressful situations, and hygiene compliance. Do not ignore folk medicine. Their action is mainly aimed at reducing the oiliness of the skin, which is a favorable environment for the reproduction of fungus and the progression of the syndrome.
What kills dandruff?
Frequent shampooing helps to stop the growth of the appearance of unaesthetic white formations that cause itching and peeling. Thanks to this, you are able to forget excess sebum, which contributes to the rapid spread of the disease. Not every shampoo is curative. Pay attention to the presence of zinc, salicylic acid and tar in its formula. It is better to buy it at a pharmacy, not in a supermarket.
How to get rid of dandruff naturally?
Soda, apple cider vinegar diluted in water, coconut and tea tree oil, and aloe extract are popular among traditional medications. The maximum impact is achieved through both therapeutic and preventive methods. It is important to consider how much product you will need, how to apply it correctly and how much you should keep on your head to influence efficiency. Despite the naturalness, such methods do not always guarantee complete safety. The fact is that each of them contains active ingredients that not only help to combat increased fat production, but can also cause allergic reactions if the rules are not followed.
Can dandruff go away on its own?
No, that never happens. In the absence of treatment, disease is moving to a new form. It is called seborrheic dermatitis. It is characterized by the presence of inflammatory processes and requires a serious approach. If you do not fight the formation of white particles and do not carry out hair care for dandruff, their number will constantly increase. Over time, they will begin to fall on clothes, and it will be more difficult for a person to socialize in society. The dense structure of the formations blocks oxygen access to the follicles. As a result, the hair becomes thinner and less durable. In advanced cases, the death of follicles is noted, which is why there is a risk of baldness.